Managed by the external trade unit (AWA) of the WKO, the “go international” policy package is the largest support programme within the internationalisation initiative. €35m have been made available for the 2011-2012 period.
The strategic aim of “go international” is to maintain Austria’s rank among the top five per-capita exporters within the EU Member States in the short term and improve this rank to the top three in the medium term.
The following specific targets are to be attained by 2013:
- 2.000 2,000 new exporters,
- 5.000 5,000 exporters in new markets,
- 1.000 help 1,000 services enterprises and 300 investors to enter foreign markets,
- Two million international visitors at www.advantageaustria.org.
“go international” includes 36 support tools assigned to five clusters with the following goals:
Cluster 1: How to do business abroad
- Focus: SMEs
- Goal: to motivate Austrian SMEs to export to neighbouring markets and link up qualified SMEs (top-notch niche suppliers) with markets farther away, thus improving Austrian businesses’ degree of internationalisation.
Cluster 2: Strengthen strengths
- Focus: industrial sector
- Goal: to lead exporting companies into new (growing) markets.
Cluster 3: Exporting know-how
- Focus: services
- Goal: to establish Austria as a provider of products and services demanding in-depth know-how.
Cluster 4: From exporting to integrated value chains
- Focus: investment
- Goal: to enhance international integration of Austrian business and industry, and tap hitherto unused direct investment potential.
Cluster 5: Communicating Austria
- Focus: communication
- Goal: to improve Austria’s image abroad by coordinated public relations.
For detailed information on all support programmes, current events and “go international” success stories refer to www.go-international.at.